Đề thi Anh văn vào MB Bank (NH Quân Đội) kèm Đáp án
Choose the word or phrase that best completes each sentence
1) After a lot of difficulty, he … to open the door.
2) I’ll have to … to you, otherwise he will hear.
3) After closing the envelope, the secretary … the stamps on firmly.
4) When he spoke over the telephone, his voice was so … that I could hardly hear him.
5) When he retired from his job, the director … him with a gold watch.
6) I would like to offer a small … to anyone who finds the missing dog.
7) Could you lend me some money? I’m very … of cash at the moment.
8) Mary Smith decided to give up her job for the … of her children.
9) If … it would stop raining for a morning, we would cut the grass.
10) He played an active … in politics until he was well over 80.
11) She heated the chocolate until it … then poured it over the cake.
12) When she was crossing the room, the nightnurse happened to notice the old lady … to get out of bed.
- has tried
- to try
13) I’m afraid a rise in salary is … just now.
- out of sight
- out of control
- out of date
- out of the question
14) He … being given a receipt for the bill he had paid.
- asked to
15) He retired early … ill health.
- on behalf of
- ahead of
- in front of
- on account of
16) This is the … of the bicycle which was stolen.
17) We stayed at home because Ann wasn’t very keen … going out … the rain.
- for / under
- about / with
- on / in
- for / when
18) She’s … the best student in my school.
- by far
- up now
- since now
19) “Why is the ground so wet?” – “It … last night”.
- would rain
- would have rained
- should have rained
- must have rained
20) He is decorating the house with a view … it.
- to sell
- to selling
- for selling
- to be sold